Welcome to this mod, have you ever hear “PlanetShine Mod”? I’m sure that maybe you already very familiar with this mod. And today we bring for you the newest version of this mod, hope you will have the best time when enjoyed it.
This mod is a useful mod, it give you a system help your planet become lighter and easier to see. Replaces the mods “Ambient Light Shifter” and “Ambient Light Adjustment”, and is not compatible with them. Illuminated planets and moons reflects (colored) light to your vessel . However something was lacking: when in low orbit of a planet, the side of my ship that was not illuminated by the sun was completely dark, but it should have been illuminated a bit by the planet’s own reflective light!
This mod includes version checking using MiniAVC. If you opt-in, it will use the internet to check whether there is a new version available. Data is only read from the internet and no personal information is sent. For a more comprehensive version checking experience, please download the KSP-AVC Plugin.
- Not a real issue because it’s supposed to replace them: does not work properly if other mods that change ambient light are installed, such as Ambient Light Adjustment and AmbientLightShifter
- Small issue with Distant Object Enhancement : distant objects are a bit enlightened by the same reflective light as your vessel (I recommend to use vertex lights, pixel lights make it worse)
- Not tested much on x64, might cause issues
- Support for Real Solar System and other planet changing mods
- Actual planetshine (reflected lights between two planet/moon)
- In-game menu to edit settings
- Handle aurora lights from Environmental Visual Enhancements and Astronomer’s Visual Pack
- Different reflected light color depending on the biome (land/sea/poles)
- Sunset/sunrise lights
- In-game debug menu
- More performance tweaks, such as reducing the number of light depending on the situation, or using a diffuse wrap shader
- Provide specific settings to use with Scatterer mod
This is the first mod of author, leave some comments and some assessments after enjoyed it.