Kerbin-Side Ground-Control Mod can function as tracking stations, and as receivers for communications from vessels in the Kerbol system, using a Downlink. Ground-Control requires the latest version of Kerbal Konstructs and it’s included. It’s in GameData/medsouz and that’s where it should go in your KSP install.
- Extended relay networks.
- Linking of multiple comms devices to improve a connection.
- More interactive communications.
- Chatterer support(?) to improve audio feature.
- ‘Clean’ option to make static less annoying.
- Difficulty settings for making occlusion softer or harder.
- Additional gameplay impact and affect. More reasons to use stations and downlinks.
- Station XP, upgrades and staff management.
- Integration with science transmission functions.
- Integration of the new features coming in KSP v1.1.