Kerbal Construction Time is a plugin which, at its core, is designed to make vessels take time to build rather than being able to constantly launch new vessels one after another. This core feature is expanded upon to create a larger system for managing your space center. Build your vessels, upgrade your facilities, research new technologies, test your vessels in simulations, and make decisions where you never had to before (Do I upgrade the VAB further or start upgrading the SPH? Do I want to build single vessels quickly, or multiple vessels at once? Is getting new tech faster worth building ships slower? Do I use these old parts to be ready for the transfer window, or do I use new parts with better stats?) When combined with other realism based addons, especially life support addons, the experience is even better. No longer can you send out a rescue mission without consequence, making planning that much more important.
- Vessels take time to build, dependent on vessel complexity (cost), how many times the parts have been used before, if any of the parts are in your inventory, and your Build Rates.
- Unlock multiple build rates to build multiple vessels at once (2 rates = 2 vessels being built simultaneously), or just upgrade your first build rate to be lightning fast.
- Simulate your vessels before building to ensure they work as intended, in orbit around any planets you’ve visited.
- Tech nodes take time to research. No more instant part unlocks.
- Earn or purchase upgrades which you can spend to build ships faster (or more at once), research technology quicker, or earn science for building ships.
- KSC building upgrades also require time to complete.
- StageRecovery now required for this!
- After each rocket launch the launchpad must be reconditioned and repaired before the next launch can occur, based on the vessel’s mass. Additionally, rockets must be rolled out to the launchpad from the VAB.
- Recover and reuse the EXACT same plane or rocket. SSTO’s and planes now can be refuelled and reused in much less time than building a new one. Just open up the KCT menu after landing and click the Recover Active Vessel button. Not all parts may work properly, so you may need to add to the list of modules to get reset. Warning: KSP isn’t really designed for this, and weird things can happen. Report them, with logs, and I’ll see if I can fix it. Here is a list of known issues related to this and causes:https://github.com/magico13/KCT/issues/82
- Highly customizable. Don’t want tech unlocks to take time? Disable it. Want builds to take longer or for inventory parts to have a bigger effect? Easily changed. In fact, nearly every formula used by KCT can be edited through a config file!
- Automatic creation of Kerbal Alarm Clock alarms (v3 of KAC only) for the next ship/tech to finish.
- An awesome icon made by diomedea, who I feel bad about not crediting anywhere for the longest time for some reason.