The Extra-Kerbin Space Technology Research Agency’s Superluminal Logicstics Division (EKSTRA SLD) (ESLD) is proud to present their first-ever public release of technology. As colony-building becomes a more common project, Kerbals are spending too much idle time between the stars. This will not do! The ESLD Beacon network will get your Kerbals from point A to points B through Z in no time at all, presuming you’ve positioned and fueled them, read the warning manual and installed all necessary safeguards. The ESLD is not liable for any deaths or insurance claims that result from the use of our beacons.
ESLD Jump Beacons Mod Screenshots
These are not cheaty, easy jump beacons. They incorporate:
- Line of sight checking.
- Gravity restrictions (also checked under LoS).
- Incredibly costly fuel. More on that in a second.
- Scaling fuel costs with tonnage/distance.
- Tech advancements that allow increased capability.
- Proximity requirements for activation.
- Unique beacon models optimized for different transport scenarios.
- The general process to use this network is to place at least two beacons, then approach one with a hailer (currently justMM‘d into the stock antennas). The hailer allows you to open a dialog window with the active beacon, where it will tell you what other active beacons it can see and if it has enough fuel to send you there. Assuming it does on both counts, press the button and off you go.
For 1.0.4: ESLD_Jump_Beacons-0.8.zip 4.5 MB
For 1.1.3: ESLD_Jump_Beacons-0.8.2.zip 4.5 MB