Astronomer’s Performance Improvement With Mod, you will be offered three different mode settings that are necessary and appropriate for you.
There are 3 settings (Low V2, Default V2, and High V2) that you can choose from in the settings menu. I recommend trying the High V2 first. Another thing you can do is change the Aerodynamic FX Quality to the lowest setting. This will significantly improve performance during reentry and lift off. Make sure to change your resolution setting to the native of your display. The default is 16:9 1920×1080. If you are having issues with starting the game, this may be because the resolution of your display is lower than the default. Change it manually in the cfg then save it. If you want the default settings.cfg back and you didn’t save a backup, simply delete this one and start the game. A new file will be generated for you.
Some performance tweaks:
- Anisotropic filtering: 4x or higher
- All antialiasing should be Application-controlled – it kills FPS when looking at complex geometry (KSC or large spacecraft), try changing this setting in the KSP settings menu and see if it’s worth it
- Maximum pre-rendered frames: 4 (or more if available)
- Texture filtering – Anisotropic sample optimization: On
- Threaded optimization: On
- Triple buffering: On (if Vertical sync is on)
- Vertical sync: On or Adaptive (unless you still have poor performance, then turn it Off)