Advanced Jet Engine Mod is a useful mod for who is a flight simulator fan. It is a mod that provides realism for turbojet, turbofan, air-breathing rockets, propellers and rotors in KSP.
- Provides excellent fuel efficiency within an atmosphere
- All current jet engines provide thrust vectoring for greater maneuverability
- Excellent power to weight ratio
- Cannot be used outside of an atmosphere that contains oxygen. In current version, it means they only function on Kerbin and Laythe.
- Thrust output changes depending on speed
- Engine requires time to spool up to maximum thrust potential
- Real-world jet engines. AJE uses thermodynamic equations to calculate jet engine performance in flight.
- Real throttle. Throttle is linked to fuel consumption instead of thrust. Afterburners, if installed on the engine, is turned on when throttle > 66% and off when throttle <= 66%
- Overheat. Like in real world, not all engines can tolerate the heat from air compression of hypersonic flight. The effect is affected by speed not throttle.
- Inlet. Each engine requires a minimum inlet area (see right click menu in editor). Make sure you have enough inlet till you see “Inlet Area:100%” in flight. Each inlet has a TPR(total recovery pressure) that is dependent on Mach number and angle of attack. Avoid TPR loss by facing the inlet to the freestream.
- RealFuels support. Engines use Kerosene if RealFuels is installed. RAPIER burns LqdMethane+LO2, SABRE burnes LH2+LO2.
- Mod friendly. Relatively easy to make configure for new engines and supporting many mods including B9,Firespitter,KAX,Taverius’ Pizza,D12aerotech,SXT,RetroFuture,BahaMotoD’pack