Active Texture Management Mod is a nice mod to reduce texture memory use by compressing/resizing them to DXT1 & DXT5.
If your game uses too many memories, this mod is a solution.
- Credit to Sarbian for demonstrating how to go about compressing/modifying textures as they are being loaded.
- MORE credit to Sarbian for demonstrating DXT compressed loading.
- Even MORE credit to Sarbian for implementing the multithreaded portion of DXT compression!
- Credit to ecat for demonstrating/suggesting a caching mechanism for faster loading.
- MORE credit to ecat for suggesting multithreaded compression.
- Credit to Faark for the idea of pre-loading textures.
- Credit to Green Skull for the wonderful donation of additional configs.
- Credit to Kerbas_ad_astra for the donation of additional configs.